Ham and pickles were made for each other, try our take on the classic combination and we are sure that you will be back for more.
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter, softened
- 8 slice(s) bakery Crusty bread
- 4 Dessert spoons of Patto’s Cauliflower pickles
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 8 Slices Swiss cheese, preferably Gruyère, sliced
- 8 slices Virginia smoked ham, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup(s) apricot preserves
Butter each slice of bread
Spread with Patto’s pickles and sprinkle with Parmigiano, pressing to help it adhere.
Invert the slices onto a work surface, cheese side down.
Top 4 of the slices with the Swiss cheese, ham, and pickles.
Mix the mustard and preserves and spread on the remaining 4 slices of bread.
Close the sandwiches and griddle over moderate heat, turning, until golden, crisp on the outside and melted inside, about 3 minutes.
Cut in half and serve right away.